Sometimes a stubborn little fine line appears, and all of the E cream, serums and exfoliants in the world don't seem to be doing a thing about it. Your mind may wander to the possibility of Botox, but then, in the corner of that foggy thought, the facial conglomerate of every plastic surgery nightmare story you've ever seen creeps up. She's shiny in the scary way, she can't smile, her one eye is a little droopy, and you'd rather shrivel up like a raisin than die looking like Ronald McDonald. Very valid to fear becoming a subject on Botched, sure, but we doubt she knew about #7 on this list. Although Botox definitely isn't for everyone, it's certainly gotten itself quite a bad reputation that, when administered by experienced hands and in moderation, it doesn't totally deserve. We want to arm you with all the facts about this controversial beauty trick, so here are the 7 big things you should know before you consider Botox!
1. First off- what is it?
2. It's not the same thing as filler.
3. It lasts about three months.
4. It can be used as a deodorant...
5. ...but is most commonly used on the face.
6. You should wait until your 30's to start.
7. Make sure to go to a board-certified plastic surgeon.